New
Find
Notify
Tools

1917 enfield action work Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob,
I would not cut up a good 720, rest assured and sleep well, I would resell it in a heartbeat and buy two 30 or 30-S Remingtons however.

My problem is with a CZ you can spend a fortune getting it right and you still have a CZ!

I agree a Enfield or 30-S works best with a .415, 458, 458 Lott than with the big 50s, but I don't shoot the big 50s my boy, I'm a wuss these days. I do prefer the 3/8 inch floorplate to gain an extra round or two as opposed to the drop boxes that only show up about every 200 years..Wisner made the last of Enfiled "drop boxes" methinks..

I wont tell you how much I have in my 404 because I may want to sell it on AR someday and every SOB in computer airospace and half of Georgia would come down on me like a duck on a Junebug! but alas I won't be able to stand it much longer and will drag out the cabinet file and a peice of exhibiton big bore Russian Circassion walnut, the checker tools, cross bolts grip caps, recoil pad, finish, swivel and leather to cover the recoil pad and then I will probably shoot a buffalo and someone will rag on me to buy it and I will sell it for less than I have in it...At least that is the way I have always done business with guns.. dancing

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote