Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cleaning 50 cal Login/Join

<gunner7mm>
posted
I was just wandering I just got my 50 alaskan and I have noticed that there is rally nothing sold in the line of cleaning supplies jags,brushes and stuff to that nature.should I use sweets a lot now so should I just use that and a shoot gun size patch or looks like a 28 ga brush is close too. please let me no what you all use . bye the way I haven't got my dies yet so I haven't got to shoot it so I don't no how dirty of a gun this is. thanks Jason

posted Hide Post
Gunner7mm,
Pro-Shot makes .50 caliber brushes, jags, etc.
Kleen-Bore does, too.

George

[This message has been edited by GeorgeS (edited 07-28-2001).]

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big Bore
posted Hide Post
I just use a 50 cal black powder brush and a 12 ga. shotgun swab on my 50 AK. Works just fine.

Posts: 641 | Location: Indiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Like Big Bore says-there's plenty of gadgets made for muzzleloaders that you can use on a smokeless rifle.

one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted Hide Post
Ramrod Manufacturing in South Africa make a range of jags and brushes for the 500 calibre.
I think they export, contact them on fax +(27)11-462-6989 for details.
Their stuff is high quality and I have had good use from it. Their service has also been good.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote