THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    A 378 Weatherby Mag Custom Brevex - Marquart & Leonard Mews

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A 378 Weatherby Mag Custom Brevex - Marquart & Leonard Mews Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted
A 378 Weatherby Mag Custom Brevex - Marquart & Leonard Mews

Hello All,

Over the years I have posted about the Brevex Custom Rifles in my collection. I now have 14 Brevex rifles but somehow this wonderful rifle got missed, so I share the info now. I purchased this on Gunbroker exactly 8 years ago on Feb. 14, 2016. It was my 7th Brevex, and one of my favorites. This one is special because although I collect Brevex rifles, I also collect rifles stocked by Leonard Mews. According to Roy Weatherby, as written in his autobiography, "... Lenny (Leonard Mews) was my first and best stock maker ..." Leonard Mews is also credited with designing the distinctive Weatherby stock as it exists today. (although Roy writes that he dressed it up a bit) Leonard's classic checkering design is evident on this rifle and the precision wood to metal fit is amazing. I tell people one way to recognize Lenard's work is to use a magnifying glass and look for a single flaw in the checkering. If you find one, its not a Mews stock.

Overall wear shows this compact Big Bore must have been hunted hard. The floorplate shows a decal with range information for scope and iron sights with data out to 600 yards. Not unrealistic for the powerful 378 Wby Mag cartridge.

as always your comments are welcome

The 14 Brevex rifles collected to date ...

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 2115 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote