THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    New Norma ammo plant in Georgia will make its own primers

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Norma ammo plant in Georgia will make its own primers Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is new news I heard today that Norma will make its own primers at its new ammo plant here I'm GA. I HOPE they make all the big Weatherby cartridges and reduce their prices .I have seen Norma 3006 and 300 win mag ammo here and it's less than win or rem or Hornady. I ALways liked Norma it was just hard to find and super expensive .I hope they make enough extra primers and brass to sell to us reloaders and make the supply normal again .

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought a bad batch of Norma 9mm ammo 1000 rds. Severely underpowered. Bad lot. Returned it never had that happen before not sure where it was made but hope they get it figured out was a good price.

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought some bulk 9mm for matches from Norma about a year back. It was good, and at a good price. I also bought some 30-06. Good price. Didn't shoot well in the gun I bought it for, but will try it in some others. I believe Beretta bought Norma, so that should make distribution in the US much better. We ought to be able to find brass, bullets, powder, and I guess primers from another source now. Glad of that.

Though the consolidation of companies scares me a little. Beretta now owns Benelli, Sako, Tikka, Uberti, Franchi, Norma...they have some size to hopefully push back on the Euro gun control movement. But it's a single entity instead of 15 entities headquartered in 4 or 5 countries.

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Appears to be good news for the consumer of Norma components. tu2

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Norma now has the full run - ammo, brass, powder, bullets, and now primers.

I use their brass for my 300 WBY, 358 Norma, 9.3x57, 375 H&H, and 404J.

Their powder for my 300 WBY, 338 WM, 358 Norma, and 375 H&H.

Bullets for 358 Norma only.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3045 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eric,
May I ask what Norma powder you use in .375 H&H ?
Cheers

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2021 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
203B. Was slighlty more accurate than Varget.

Use MRP in my 300 WBY. Working up RL-16 loads for a 338 WM and 358 Norma right now and trying on one of my 280AI loads.

I also did some 30-06 loads, but H4350 was more accurate.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3045 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any news when this new Norma plant will start up?

Posts: 2591 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Norma has been ridiculously high dollar, to the point I wont buy it or Nosler..Cost was created b import charges Im told and expect that to be true..

I wish PPU, WW, RP, would get production up for the hard to comeby brass..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Any new production of ammo and components here in the US is good news :-)

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote