New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bolt action double rifle? Login/Join

one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted
In the July 2001 issue of Precision Shooting, there's a photo of a rifle by Szecesi and Fuchs. It has a bolt that is very large in diameter and what appears to be a side mounted magazine with rounds stacked vertically. The photo is from Germany's IWA fair (Internationales Waffen Ausstellung/International Firearms Exhibition).

Has anyone else seen more information on this rifle? I think this would be interesting reading for many of the members of this site.

Thank you, LDO

Posts: 7487 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Several years ago they had one of the rifles at SCI...two barrels, 2 triggers and 2 magazines. You shot one side dry and then started working on the other. I don't think I'd take it out of the safe without a gunsmith with me.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw it in the SCI article. Looked like all the weight and liabilities of both types of action and only asset being a double's quick second shot. For what the thing cost one could buy half a dozen entry level doubles or a couple of Holland and Hollands. Good hunting "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw it and thought it was quite interesting and very nice looking, but I do not know if it is reliable or not.

But there are some nice bolt action big bores at www.hambrusch.at

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
500 grains

I can't get the link to work is it correct?
Thanks RNS

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
This link was OK few months ago but got broken . . .

Posts: 2076 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
I handled it at the convention a couple of years ago. It was a technical tour de force but any practicality it might have had totally eluded me. Someone must have liked it, though, I saw some overfed dude write a $30,000 deposit on one!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, try this link for bolt action 700 NE and 600 NE rifles.

http://www.ferlachguns.com/main.htm

Check this link for bolt action double barrel rifles:

http://www.jagdwaffe.com/

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
for an extra $50,000 you can get wheels and two one eyed mules to pull it around for you...

Talk about a tinker toy!

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen-

Thank you for your answers. I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner. Tuesday I was glued to the TV. I did make the rounds on the boards, but I only made on post; about a NYC Cop who some people hadn't heard from. (Ken Russo. He's OK.)

What I heard yesterday on the radio just made me sick to my stomach. It may sound strange, but after hearing what happened to a few specific women, I thought I was going to vomit. I hope all of NATO hunts down and steps on bin Laden and his Cockroach Cohorts.

Well, I'm off to the range to sight in my .30-'06 and align the scope on my .22-250.

I just don't have words to express my sorrow for the victims of Tuesday's attack. Lee

Posts: 7487 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote