Find
Notify
Tools

Hell, I Was There
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted
It's probably the only time any of you will see Elmer Keith in a dress. Seriously, a good book that sheds it's unique light on America and it's growth after the Civil War. Also some good gun stuff, and hunting.

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
One of my prized possessions is a copy of "Sixguns" inscribed to me by Elmer. Back before he died, he used to advertise in Shotgun News for autographed copies of his books. I sent him a check and wrote him a note about what a great influence on shooters he was, etc., and he responded with a really nice inscription in my book. Quite a legend.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
One of the things that I regret is that while living in Idaho, and going thru Salmon many times, I never took the time to look him up. It would have been easy to do, but I never wanted to bother him and his wife. Besides, I wasn't to sure what he might have thought of that scope on my 44 Blackhawk. My loss.

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can remember meeting with Elmer and seeing him it seemed like every year at the Kalispell, MT gun show. The years were catching up with him, but what a man. Like many, I always put off until tomorrow getting him to sign a copy of his book.
My Loss.

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote