THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    Two books and interesting proceed distribution...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two books and interesting proceed distribution...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just ordered two of J. Alain Smith's books, "Close Calls And Hunting Adventures" and "Hunting New Horizons". I haven't read anything by Mr. Smith, but the books come recommended by a couple org's that I'm a member (SCI, GSC/Ovis, Wild Sheep Federation <formerly FNAWS).

At any rate, on his website, Mr. Smith states, "All proceeds from the books, 100% of the sale price, go directly to conservation programs such as Safari Club International, OVIS/GSC and the SCI Foundation. Even the cost of the printing is a donation from Alain. Over $50,000.00 has been raised from book sales so far."

I hope the books are a good read, but even if they aren't, donating $99 USD to orgs I'm already a life member of, is a pretty neat deal. Especially for two Limited Edition books.

Mr. J. Alain Smith's website

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis.
posted Hide Post
DP,

Sounds like a couple of interesting titles there. Please let us know your thoughts on the books once you've read them.

Thanks

A

Affordable Holiday Accommodation in Devon, UK - Self catering (with shooting if required) PM for details.

Posts: 88 | Location: Sunny Devon, UK | Registered: 07 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Both books are very good, especially considering the price and proceed distribution. I have no problem recommending both.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote