Find
Notify
Tools

unrepentant sinner
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
I recommend this book by COL CHARLES ASKINS ,A MAN OF ARMS ,SHOOTER HUNTER AND SOLDIER .I read it while a 20 days trip throug Cape town, the Western Cape ,Karoo ,Mossel Bay and Jburg .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I too thought it was a good book, with the exception that only Charlie Askins is right in anything to do with firearms.
It is also not a politically correct read in today's society! Big Grin

Posts: 1648 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a great book by a great American. I had an autographed copy, but a lawyer at my former firm borrowed it, did not return it and now claims to have a memory lapse. I get even by expressing my view of his ethics, as well as his ability (which is truly questionable) to anyone who will listen, but I do need to find another copy of the book.

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
I found it to be a very good read! I grew up reading Col Askins and to top it off he is 1 of the reasons I had a 425 Express whipped up. Thanks Colonel!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
He sure handled the USA/Mexico border problem more efficiently than the PC agents do today....

Good read...

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Great book by a true member of the warrior-hunter brothership as captain BRANDT like too said .By the way Brandt books are great too .In the 70s and 80s we deal with cow stealers like the old colonel here but now with this left wing trash in the gov. they are poor indians that need food . Mad

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lavaca,

I still have an autographed copy of Unrepentant Sinner. I am very carefull who borrows it.......as I am with the rest of my library. It's inscribed ".......keep your powder dry old stud" and is signed Col (?) Charles Askins at San Antonio (?). Haven't got it in front of me but I'll chase up the date.

Ordered it and gave up on it but when it arrived autographed and dedicated I ended up happy.

Good read. Very firm opinions. Great African and Indochina hunting experience. Also was a client of Capsticks.

Posts: 348 | Location: queensland, australia | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote