New
Find
Notify
Tools

books on european hunting?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i'm looking for good books on european hunting(game birds, foxes, big game, etc.)

but i prefer books that i'm learning something from, and not just one-mans-history.
(Taylor's "african rifles and cartridges" is a good example, from the very beginning he starts out to teach the reader something, and he mixes this with stories to underline his point.)

the books must be in english or a scandinavian language.

any suggestions?

Posts: 930 | Location: Norway | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Steffen,

I can help you in about 2 months. I will be able to look through my titles and give you a better idea.

I deployed to the war zone and don't have my books close by.

I spend a lot of time buying my European books on Ebay.

Here's a short list from what I can remember.

Wild Boar in Europe,
Game Dogs in Europe
Red Stags of Britain
Deer of Britain
Gamekeeping

Take a look on Amazon.de, Amazon.uk, and ebay to see what you can find.

There is a British publisher that sells a lot of Europe based hunting books. I Cocheau..... soemthing?

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
"European Hunter" by Llyod Newberry will be released this fall by Live Oak Press (Sporting Classics). Apparently Llyod's hunted every European country. Check out Live Oak's website at www.sportingclassics.net

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D99:

There is a British publisher that sells a lot of Europe based hunting books. I Cocheau..... soemthing?

That I think is Coch Y Bondu in Wales,apologies if I have got the spelling wrong.A lot of titles but in general you will get better value elsewhere.Such as Ebay,Amazon etc,etc

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote