THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    Addicted to Altitude by Mark Hampton - review

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Addicted to Altitude by Mark Hampton - review
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Our own Mark Hampton has written a book I just stumbled onto - Addicted to Altitude - about his ibex, sheep and chamois hunting. He has taken all 30 of the capra species as well as a host of other mountain game.

Pir Danish recently posted pictures of Hampton's hunt in Pakistan here on AR.

The book is a fun and easy read as it is a series of stories about his various adventures. He tells the good and the bad doing it in a way that makes you hurt for him when things go poorly and then wanting to high five him when gets the tur or the tahr.

More than anything else, he does all of his hunting with a pistol. Now, I am not that intrepid but he is a marksman and makes a great story with those bolt action pistols. More than anything he has motivated me to get back in shape and take another stab at some mountain hunting.

I especially enjoyed his story of hunting tur in Russia and Azerbaijan. Tough hunts for sure!

I would rate this an 8 on the dogcat scale - a fun read, interesting and motivating!!!

Posts: 10200 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote