New
Find
Notify
Tools

Score: Cottar Book...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We went bookstore shopping my last afternoon in SA. I have never been able to find out much about Cottar. They had a copy (1000 copy run) of his life story from his journals, etc by a grandson. 1200 Rand. Yes, I bought it.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was it "Exception Was the Rule" ?

I have been unable to locate a reasonably priced copy. Good on you.

Posts: 10203 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Rich.

Posts: 4247 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Should be 'gainst the law, should't be allowed to leave the country. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was it "Exception Was the Rule" ?

I have a first edition signed by, I believe, his son.

Great read.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JTEX,

that is the one. Mine has the red cover and is signed by Pat Cottar. I have #842.

They were put out by:

Trophy Room Books
Agoura, CA

818-889-2469 they might have one or two left.

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great read! i have #538

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote