New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Benchrest Shooting Primer by IBS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just finished my second reading of this 420 page book from the International Benchrest Shooters and find it to be just as interesting as my first reading. It is an intriguing format. The editor selects pertinent questions
about accuracy shooting. Then he sends the question to different accuracy shooters for their opinions on the topic.
So the answers are just personal opinions, but they happen to be from the best in the business. I've learned more from this book than 20 years of shooting at the bench and reloading. I'd really recommend it. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just stumbled in Cal's recommendation -
he is so right:
it's, to my opinion, one of the best publications about precision in shooting.

The book is a compilation of articles from Precision Shooting, a magazine which nowadays unfortunately decided to cover a more general field of shooting than just "precision".

I write these lines to bring Cal's post up again and encourage precision minded people to read it (it's about $ 20).

-----------------------------
Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy driving
cabs and cutting hair. ~George Burns

Posts: 367 | Location: former western part of Berlin, Germany | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill Adams
posted Hide Post
Cal, were might I find this book for sale on the web? I have searched, can't seem to find it? Thank you, BA

Arkansas football will rise again!

Posts: 617 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 22 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Adams:
Cal, were might I find this book for sale on the web? I have searched, can't seem to find it? Thank you, BA

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?catego...em=15-100&type=store

-----------------------------
Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy driving
cabs and cutting hair. ~George Burns

Posts: 367 | Location: former western part of Berlin, Germany | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill Adams
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reply, BA Smiler

Arkansas football will rise again!

Posts: 617 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 22 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean about PS losing focus to some extent. I wrote for them for nine years, "Just a Rockchuck Shooter From Idaho"; I think searching for a larger subscriber base was the problem. They did publish RSN Shirley's article about his 550 Magnum, can't fault that.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote