New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Jungle Hunter"
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Having just read "The Jungle Hunter" by Joe Cavanaugh and published by Safari Press, I would recommend it to anyone wanting to know more about South American hunting. The book describes well the nature of the major game, but the reason I enjoyed the book is that is is not the Safari Club Magazine luxury resort type affair for the wealthy, but just a regular guy who had the drive and determination to get into wild country and form his own hunting 'expedition'. It struck me as the way it must have been in Africa, for a just regular guy, before safari became stylish for the aristocracy, but in it I am reading about something that is concurrent with my lifetime. Don't get me wrong I hope to be wealthy enough someday to be on a stylish African Safari, but in the mean time this book is something in the style I can relate to. Just wish I had Joe's gumption. Fortunately I got my copy of the book on sale as they aren't cheap.

Posts: 138 | Location: Hubbell, Michigan, USA | Registered: 05 October 2002Reply With Quote