THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    Mannlicher schoenauer books is there any ?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mannlicher schoenauer books is there any ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to find out more about M/LS, apart from two websites ,and magazine articles are there any good books on them ? thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
velodog,

I hate to admit this, but there are really no significant boos written about the commercial Mannlicher-Schoenauer rifles and carbines. There exist a few cataloges from the 1920s and 30s, and the data in assorted books, like W.H.B. Smith's RIFLES, then is catch as catch can in novels, magazine articles, and sporting texts. The Steyr folks have acknowlegded the "Mannlicher Collector", the newsletter of The Mannlicher Collectors Association, as the only current document on the subject, However, nothing from the MCA has ever been put into hardcopy. We have looked at it time and again, but have not come up with someone capable of putting the information together. That said, the next problem is information. The official stance from the Steyr Factory is that the Russians destroyed all the pre-war factory records in 1945. Subsequently, Steyr has also proven reticent in releasing data to individuals on their post-war operations. I have just published a short history of the "Steyr-Mannlicher" production of 1968-1996 in the current issues of the Mannlicher Collector, but that is more in the order of a typical magazine article than a book, and I would need serious access to Steyr records to create what should be written.

Glad to see that you are interested. Want to join the Mannlicher Collectors?

Larry Stewart
Editor "The Mannlicher Collector"

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.mannlicher.org/

Click on 'Join' on the right-hand side menu for details.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Washougal Chris

Posts: 116 | Location: Washougal, WA | Registered: 26 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thankyou ! their some good info there ! are they hard to get parts for ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is the documentary television series by Michael Palin[BBC] on Ernest Hemmingway ,when they visit Hemmingways home in Cuba, his Mannlicher is still in his house [amazingly ]leaning up against the wall .His house is treated like a shrine !