THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    Wanted - Complete Book of the Remington .22 Rifle by Gyde andMarcot

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanted - Complete Book of the Remington .22 Rifle by Gyde andMarcot
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted
I am after a copy of this out-of-print book if anyone has one available ;-)

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
And still looking . The very few ever listed are just silly money for my budget.

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Have you tried Amazon? I have found a few books there that I could not find elsewhere.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Yes , sir - but being a very small print run and done ten years ago those sellers who have a copy ask far far more than my idea of the books value.

I think it may well be one of those unfulfilled wishlist books for me .

This is the book https://www.amazon.com/Remingt...gateway&sr=8-1-spell

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck Amigo all the same.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Muzza. Marcot's book on Spencer rifles is another of those "unaffordables," at least at my house.

https://www.amazon.com/Spencer...Marcot/dp/0970760825

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16419 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I could stretch to $250 without effort , but the Remington book is out of control....sometimes it would be easier to be illiterate :-(

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No buddy,it is NEVER easier to be illiterate!Good luck on your quest. I understand completely;my Mauser Hard bound is unavailable + folks are spouting absurd numbers.I don't want to sell it. It sets on my shelf + does'nt eat anything.Along with my original COMPLETE 17 volume set of Richards Burton's "Arabian Nights".Printed in 1870 + only 1000 copies printed;mine is XX.Look on Amazon.you will find partial sets starting at $2500.00. You will NOT find an original,1st. ed.set offered.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad to say,none of my sons are bibliophiles;thus when I pass,someone will get one 'helluvadeal'if sold on the open market. I would like to see that this not happen.Someone will get a GREAT deal + in truth,I will not be in a position to worry.I would like to see my boys get fair value on sales of the estate. But no worries. I know that I will live forever so this is a moot point....Good luck on your quest Amigo.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Dragging up an old thread , I know - but I managed to find a reasonably priced copy on Amazon this morning .I did decline to pay an additional "import duty fee" to Amazon to cover any import fees ( read - just another way to screw the buyer ) so my book will be shipping to South Carolina instead of New Zealand . Guess that means I will have to make another trip to the US soon....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well if you're gonna be in the south anyway you might as well console yourself with some southern fried chicken +/or chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
been there , done that , plan on returning to repeat it all ;-)