Find
Notify
Tools

Cormac McCarthy...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bill Adams
posted
I have just read several books by Cormack McCarthy. These are not hunting or shooting books, but many on here might like them. "Blood Meridian", is a dark, violent masterpiece, set in the old west. If you like cowboys and horses, read the three volume "Border Trilogy" books. The characters in his books all have troubles, then it only gets worse. I have read five of his books so far, and I plan on reading the rest of his works. Just thought someone might like 'em.

Arkansas football will rise again!

Posts: 617 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 22 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
I've also read several of his books, including "the Road" which won a pulitzer. Melancholy is his specialty. If you are prone to depression, don't read him. If you like Faulkner, (tone and mood, not stream of consciousness style) you may well like McCarthy also. I'd rate "all the pretty horse" as one of the best books I've ever read. Just don't expect happiness around every corner.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote