THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    found 1st edition in spanish of BIG GAME BY JACK OCONNOR

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

found 1st edition in spanish of BIG GAME BY JACK OCONNOR
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
I found the first edition in spanish of the book BIG GAME by the late Jack for only 35us in the web
Im reading it ,and remembering the old great hunters like him Elgin Gates ,the prince of Iran ,Downey etc by the way Downey was argentine ,he born in the patagonia.
Jack was famous using the 270 but here you can see that he uses a lot the 375hyh,the 3006,and for heavy game he likes the 416rigby and 458winch.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6364 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Juan:

Have you read Ricardo Medem San Juan's books? I knew Ricardo well and edited the English translation of his "Argali." I believe you would enjoy his tales.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Bill dear friend ,i read many many articles by the late Ricardo ,but i didnt read his books yet.
As you know i have hundreds of hunting books most of them presents by clients signed by them .
Ifound UNDER THE AFRICAN SUN 1st edition in spanish by Hibben .
Can you tell me something about him and his life.
Im trying to find John H Brandt books too as we mantained nice chats in the pass .
Ill try to find Elgin Gates books and your friend McElroys too .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6364 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Juan:

Ricardo Medem bought the rights from McElroy to publish his last three books in Spanish. I've not seen the books that resulted, but I would suppose you could find them through a bookseller in Spain. Ricardo was an interesting fellow.

Don't know if any of John Brandt's books were published in Spanish, but the one that would be a good candidate was his Asian Hunter. John was a good friend and I was saddened when he died after a long bout with cancer last year. His three or four major books have become very collectible.

I never met Dr. Frank C. Hibbon, but I know two of his grandsons. One is a respected expert on Native American handicrafts and art and owns a fine store that trades and sells such items. The other is a professional wildlife biologist who retired from the Arizona Game and Fish Department several years ago. One of the highlights of his life was when his grandfather sent him on safari in Kenya before it closed to hunting. I find it interesting that the brothers took separate paths, but followed their grandfather's fascination with ancient indigenous peoples and wildlife. You can learn more about Dr. Hibbon at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_C._Hibben

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear friend ,i dont mind if the book is written in spain or english .I just love to collect them ,and im fascinated with great hunters of the world .John Brandt was a great explorer ,he forwarded the book AFRICAN TWILIGTHS BY KEVIN THOMAS.
I have hundreds of books now most of rhem presents brougth by clients .
My favourite fiction work is SOMETHING OF VALUES BY RUARK did you like it.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
quote:
My favourite fiction work is SOMETHING OF VALUES BY RUARK did you like it.

Absolutamente, mi amigo.

Ruark's books, the many African adventure films of the late 1940s, and Jack O'Connor's columns in Outdoor Life were what fed my boyhood dreams of hunting in Africa.

Every ten years or so, I read Something of Value and its companion, Uhuru, again and find them just as exciting as when I was just 12 or 13 years old.

Bill Quimby