New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELL, I WAS THERE!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Elmer Kieth's life story. You won't regret buying this one.

Posts: 359 | Location: 40N,104W | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is a good book.

I read it when I was a young guy. At the time, I believed that a 243Win. could do everything. Even after I read Elmer's book. Still, it is a favorite book. Would have liked to have met the man.

Daryl

Posts: 536 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
One of my most cherished books is an autographed and inscribed copy of Keith's "Sixguns". Wish I could have met him too. Apparently he welcomed all shooter visitors into his home in Salmon.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Lee S. Forsberg>
posted
I read the book. Hard to belive all Elmer did really happoned! I did meet him at RCBS back on Apr 14,1975. He's not as tall as the book leads you to beleve.

one of us
Picture of badgerrr
posted Hide Post
Ah yes! SIXGUNS by Keith!

I "cut my teeth" in handgunning reading that book. Still think that was one of the best possible things I could have been resourcing at that time.

Really gives ya a feel for the good/bad Old Daze. Gives you a good idea about what a person should expect to be able to do with the wheelgun.
[Cool]

Posts: 107 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote
<jeremy w>
posted
Good book indeed. I can't decide if Elmer really was there or if he deserves the grammy of the year. Either way it is worth reading.