THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    A really old collectable African Hunting book

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A really old collectable African Hunting book
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
THE LARGE GAME by the Hon. W.H. Drummond 1845-1879, Copy no. 491 of a limited run of 1000..First published in 1875. Mine is a facsimile reprint dated The Pioneer Head, Salisbury, Rhodesia, 1972...Given to me by the father of PH Philip Price some many years ago..419 pages of awesomely exciting hunts.

Talk about roughing it...sleeping on a grass matt, eating what you shoot, picking up black water fever, Malaria and in the bush for years at a time..Shooting Buffalo, elephant, and Rhino, Lions, Leopard, the whole enchalada with a couple big muzzle loaders that you could use for a shelter if need be..His hunting of Rhino was one hell of a deal, how this man survived to write a book is beyond all that holy..

Since I have no idea of the value of this book I wonder what the value of such a book might be?? Its in decent shape and has the original cover with some tears. I know it would have to be a lot of money for me to part with it..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41880 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous
I'll try to find it

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! according to the internet this book in the condition mine is in runs $500 to $600, Thanks all...but its not for sale just yet. I still got a few years..

That said I might trade it for a nice rifle! and toss in a tanned buffalo hide..that's my weakness.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41880 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Found one on Amazon for 50 bucks
It's coming

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote