Notify
Tools

European Hunter by Newberry
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted
Here it is on Amazon.

I think this is a fairly ok introduction to European hunting by someone who has hunted in Europe quite a bit.

I think that anyone who grew up hunting in Europe, and had the means to hunt a broad swath of Europe could have wrote a lot better book.

That being said, I think it is good value for the money, and since Europe is my 3rd favorite hunting destination after the Northern Rockies and Alaska it is a personal interest to me.

Newberry gives a very limited overview of European custom gun companies, leaving out the huge traditions of several top companies.

The hunts are all autobiographical, and I think if he could have gotten more hunting done in the same areas and wrote about the whole experience, not just 2 or 3 days I think it would have added to the book immensely.

The biggest lacking detail for me would be a more exhaustive approach to central European hunting culture and wildlife management and how it differs from that of Eastern Europe, the UK, Scandanavia and the Iberian penninsula.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote