THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    What would you say is Boddington's best book?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would you say is Boddington's best book?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I might be interested in reading it.I enjoyed reading an article by him on a buff hunt he wrote back in the late 70's or early 80's.If he is at SCI I could possibly purchase it and get him to sign it..who knows??

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wow, tough question.

Personally, Buffalo or The Search for the Spiral Horn. Perhaps because I have taken Buffalo and a nice Kudu, and the man brings those hunts back to life for me.

I expect he and his wife Donna to be at SCI. Some of his DVD's are incredible...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The thing that impresses me about Boddington is that he was in the center of the hunting scene from the beginning.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
The thing that impresses me about Boddington is that he was in the center of the hunting scene from the beginning.

Huh? I've known Craig since he, Dave Petzel and I won the 1982 One Shot Antelope Hunt in Wyoming. I also was his editor for the many articles he submitted to Safari magazine and Safari Press from 1983 to 1999.

I can tell you that, while Craig would be flattered with your comment, he would be the first to say that the "hunting scene" was well established long before anyone still living today came along.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did not follow hunting back then as I do today.I was too young.It is nice to get an insight into what was going on.It must have been a very exciting period compared to today.

one of us
posted Hide Post
[URL= ]Buffalo![/URL]

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
The only book of his I have is the first version of "Safari Rifles," but it sits on my shelf right next to John Taylor's "African Rifles and Cartridges."
Mr. Quimby can answer better, but at least, edited, Craig has always struck me as a straightforward, uncluttered writer who speaks from wide experience and without vanity.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16507 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying the book already.Very simple and to the point.I feel he has a character perfectly matched for his job.He is not trying to outdo anyone and is not offensive.He just takes you with him and shares all these rich experiences.I believe also that he enjoys being out there which is most important.