Find
Notify
Tools

International hunter by Bert Klineburger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted
I just finished "International Hunter" by Bert Klineburger. I was amazed about all the work he has done to open areas to hunting. There is a whealth of knowledge within the pages of this book. Anyone else had a chance to read it?

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Yes. It was his second book. I also have his first, but I can't find it or remember its title. That's the problem with getting old.

Bert and his brother Chris are the real thing. They grew up in a small Arizona mining town, got into taxidermy, hunted the world, and rubbed shoulders with important people in all walks of life along the way.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Bill, yep, but so have you!

I have the book as well. And I enjoy it very much.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Bert is a great, down to earth guy, too.

I read his book, then got a chance to meet him and his wife Brigitte in Dar es Salaam one time on my way to and from the Selous.

Bert is extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to share his knowledge. He and Brigitte are fun to be around besides.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13462 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
"Bill, yep, but so have you!"

Thank you, D99, but even if I were to live another 50 years I could never come close to what Bert and Chris Klineburger -- or any of the men whose memoirs I've helped produce -- have done.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
I got the DVD about the Klineburger`s hunting the Argali in Afghanistan in the 60`s, wonderfull film from an era long gone.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
Bill, I think his first book was titled, "This is the Greatest hunting era". I have not read it or ever seen one for sale. Maybe, I'll check a library.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bill, I think his first book was titled, "This is the Greatest hunting era".

That's it. I remember that it was published by Trophy Room Books. I still haven't found my copy! @#$%^&* I need a librarian to organize my books.

Don't know how available his first book is in the used book market.

He once told me he hunted for a couple of copies to give to friends after they went out of print and he could find none.

Things may have changed since then, though.

Bill Quimby

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is the Greatest hunting era

Anybody know where i can buy this book ?!

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Safaripress has the book on sale plus many other good finds that ends August 31.

Here is the link for the sale of the various items involved.

http://www.safaripress.com/product.php?productid=461&cat=298&page=6

I have ordered that book plus some more.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thornell:
Bill, I think his first book was titled, "This is the Greatest hunting era". I have not read it or ever seen one for sale. Maybe, I'll check a library.

Bert wrote another book with Vernon Hurst, "Big Game Hunting Around the World" (I have an original), but I'm not sure if it was his first, second... or tenth...

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote