New
Find
Notify
Tools

Months of the Sun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just finished reading Ian Nyschens book. All I can say is WOW. A very good read. I can only imagine the number of elephants he piled up.

A highly recommended read.

The Last of Old Africa is next on the reading list Smiler

Hunting is not a matter of life or death....It's much more important

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is THE ZIM book. A must read for sure.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed reading it.It made me feel that I was in the bush all along.I have to say that I never expected to read some things-really shocking(spearing the hyena woman). Eeker

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed. A very interesting book and an interesting person. I enjoyed it as well.

My earlier comments.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...=420101517#420101517

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to admit that I did not like his character.It seems that he does not like sport hunters and that he feels that nature and hunting was something that only he could understand and for him alone to enjoy.I think Corbett had a little of this too.These guys telling me that it`s not nice to live in the city.It is nice to live in the city.I enjoy hunting in the wilds and living in the city.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Shootaway - i think you need to remember that the author was a product of a previous generation , and had a differant upbringing to most of us.

I am nearly finished my read , and its been an interesting journey so far . I dont like cities either , although I do enjoy hunting in wild areas.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just purchased the book along with the Blackbeards of Bots, which I hve just started. As a Rednecked of the Pa back hills (town of 3500) but out of town on 45 acres it sounds very good to me. I HATE cities! That said I am thankful for the cities otherwise the countryside would be too crowded. There is a silver linning in every dark cloud, eh. Smiler

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got ``Horn of the hunter`` and ``Wanderings of an elephant hunter`` One thing is for sure Months of the sun is alot of book for the money.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw this book 1st edition in a place I stayed in Harare but didn't get a chance to read it. I bought it at SCI last year and loved it. I've hunted the area this book is about and reading it was like living it. Great book!

Posts: 2830 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Almost finished ``Wanderings of an elephant hunter`` I do not recommend this book.There was nothing there of real interest and very little hunting.I could easily put the book down after reading only a single page and felt relieved to do so.I think I am going to slow down the reading pace.They are not all like Corbett or Hunter