Find
Notify
Tools

GOOD READING BY KEVIN THOMAS
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
I WAS ENYOING A GOOD BOOK BY MY FRIEND KEVIN THOMAS ANY HUNTER AND SOLDIER WOULD LOVE IT ,ANY AFRICANA READER MUST READ IT ,GREAT BOOK BY AND OUSTANDING OPERATOR .HERE READING IT IN AN URUGAYAN BEACH.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thomas has, indeed, lived an exciting life and has some great stories to tell, but let's be honest. He is not a writer. And his book was terribly edited, if at all. Simply take a moment to look at the glossary in his "Shadows in an African Twilight".

Great guy with good stories, but he needs a ghost writer and a better editor!!!!

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
homer bewildered

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this the same Kevin Thomas that works for Lapua?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 829 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KTSafaris
posted Hide Post
Hi Clowdis,

This is Kevin. I am not the same person that works for Lapua. I own a safari company based in South Africa and we also operate in Zimbabwe. I hope that answers your question.

Kevin Thomas Safaris
Zimbabwe - Eastern Cape
E-mail: ktsenquiries@mweb.co.za

Posts: 52 | Location: South Africa - Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KTSafaris:
Hi Clowdis,

This is Kevin. I am not the same person that works for Lapua. I own a safari company based in South Africa and we also operate in Zimbabwe. I hope that answers your question.

Thanks Kevin. The Kevin Thomas from Lapua is also an author but more of a technical one. I didn't think he was much on safari hunting, but you never know. Good luck with your safari business as well as your writing.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 829 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shadows in an African Twilight

Juan and I have the same taste in books. How can I get a copy?

Cheers

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KTSafaris
posted Hide Post
Hi CaneCorso,

You can order Kevin's books directly from his website www.ktspublishers.co.za

The cost of the books and postage are listed on the site. Kevin will also personally autograph the books for you and inscribe anything you may wish to have inscribed.

Thanks for your enquiry.

Kevin Thomas Safaris
Zimbabwe - Eastern Cape
E-mail: ktsenquiries@mweb.co.za

Posts: 52 | Location: South Africa - Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Cane Corso first you are invited 3 days free here to shoot doves ,2nd you will love this book specially written for warrios hunters like capitan Brandt said in the foreward ,trust me my friend you will love ity.
My friend Troy Lettieri a greeb beret specialized in tactical tracking recomended me too the book of DENNIS CROUKAMP ONLY MY FRIENDS CALL ME CROUKS .
CANE CORSO 3 DAYS 1000SHELLS A DAY AND RETURN JUAN Wink

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
GREAT BOOK and I was so lucky to visit Kevin and his wife at their home is South Africa while on safari on the East Cape with his old Army colleague Tony Kruger...I had heard about him from a hunting friend who had hunted with him many times....I felt like I knew him as we sat at his bar with a beer and talking about mutual friends ....and admiring his great trophy collection!!
Hi to you Kevin....you know who!!
Cheers

470EDDY

Posts: 2574 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm about half way through Kevin's Shadows in an African Twilight. It is a very enjoyable and easy read and for a neophyte like myself about the unpleasantness in old Rhodesia, I've learned quite a lot. Yep, I recommend it.
Got his other hunting and campfire tales book as well but will wait for winter to read that one. Off to Zambia in a week, but I don't think I'll haul this manuscript on the plane with me back to Africa.
Reckon I better get busy and finish 'er.

Posts: 442 | Location: Montana territory | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
yes this is an excellent book ,i read everything about rhodesian army and COIN operations because i use to teach asymetric warfare and pseudoperations ,besides my tac med courses ,so their experience is unvaluable ,the book besides being intersting teachs you about hunting and pseudops is a great book ,while visiting me my friend WILLEM DE JAEGER PH from SA graved this book and finished it in a week after we return hunting everynigth ,he reads for hours couldnt stop reading ,ITS A GREAT OOK BY A MAN THAT HAS MORE EXPERIENCE THAN ANY OF US IN AFRICAN HUNTING CONSRVATION AND BUSH WARFARE.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
1. some people are polished writers.

2. some people, on the other hand, lived the life we all aspired to as younger men, and have stories to tell.

I prefer #2 anytime.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I finished Tracking the Dream about a month ago and now am at about page 100 of African Twilight. There hasn't been a dull moment yet and I am sure I will enjoy the rest.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ordered both books.This author was suggested to me while I was in Africa this July.Reading a page or two each night will make them last a long time.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote