Find
Notify
Tools

European Hunter
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted
I finally got my European Hunter book from Amazon. I ordered it 8 months ago as a pre-order and it finally came today.

It is an interesting book, but not as nice as I thought it would be.

Amazon had it for $50, and the publisher had it for $150. So that was good, but I am glad I didn't pay $150 for it.

I read a little bit and it seems like their are a few touched up reprints from Double Gun Journal, and Sporting Classics.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amazon had it for $50, and the publisher had it for $150. So that was good, but I am glad I didn't pay $150 for it.

Heck of a Deal.
Where is the Publisher ?!

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Not sure, order it on Amazon and they will send it to you.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with you. Its a pretty book, but really at the end of the day it reads more like a collection of magazine stories he wrote about his hunts, rather than a guide to European hunting. I was dissapointed...

Before all else, be armed.

Machiavelli

Posts: 364 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
He's a piss poor writer, and photographer. But when he was doing these hunts and taking photos, he probably didn't have a book in mind.

It is a fairly good look in English of what is available in europe. That for one is worth something.