New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tracks Across Africa I DVD
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I received this DVD for Christmas. It features Craig Boddington as narrator and participant at times. It is a collection of 24 clips from the Tracks Across Africa TV show sponsered by Gander Mountain. In summary - it is well edited, great footage and fast moving. On the downside, it is mostly short clips of the stalk and the shot - very little instruction or discussion about the animal or country hunted.

There is no direct advertising or recommendations of products. Chifuti Safaris, featured in Boddington's other videos, is the primary host for the various episodes.

Overall, it is well done but gets a little repetitive in the stalk-shoot-smile for the camera clips. If you like action, very little talking on camera and lots of shooting, you will like this video.

DVD producers have a hard time balancing the shooting scenes with stalking scenes or video of the animals in an undisturbed state. I would have liked a little talking by the PH's or by Andrew Dawson as this helps with the flow of the show.

I would rate this better than the Mark Sullivan efforts, better than the Brittingham DVD's but not as good as Boddington on Buffalo I or Buzz
Charton's Hunting the African Elephant or the Perfect Shot DVD.

Posts: 10240 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
dogcat,

I think you hit the nail on the head with your review. Mine wouldn't be a bit different.

I have all the other stuff you talked about it and your right.

Looking forward to Buzz's new DVD, more from Peter Flack, and more from Craig.

I'd like to see Craig do a Alaska DVD or something exotic like Ethiopia.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't have Craig's DVD (this one) but I own his others and they are all good.

I'm really looking forward to Buzz's new DVD out in a week. I'm supposed to be in it so we'll see but regardless it will be a good dvd.

Also, looking forward to Craig's ele dvd next year with lots of footage of Ivan Carter and some of Richard Harland too! Sign me up.

I wouldn't mind seeing Marc Watts do some Asian or New Zealand hunts too on video.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I like Mark Watt's dvds, but think the hype and BS is overwealming. I talked to him about this and he is supposed to cut back the BS factor by quite a bit.

I want more on Asia! I have a new one from two dorks "international hunters" I bought on Ebay and it was professionally put together but the hype and BS factor is through the roof.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote