Find
Notify
Tools

Bernard Eibisberger: 19 famous hunters
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted
This is the new book i got and it had some surprises for me in there.

The hunters that are written about is

Theodore Roosevelt

Buffalo bill

Charles bronson

Edouard de rotschild

Ernest Hemingway

Ernst alexander Zwilling

Grand duke Franz Ferdinand

gilbert colville

John Huston

King Juan Carlos of Spain

Zar Nikolai II

Prince Charles

Otto Von Bismarck

Robert ruark

Samuel Teleki

Karen blixen and Denys Finch Hatton

Its a good book and it it excerpts from biographys and others but it was good too read about people i didnt know that hunted, like charles bronson which liked to hunt Puma ands Grizzly.

A strange thing was written was that he didnt liked to hunt abroad , in that way Europeans should hunt in europe, Afrikans in Africa and Americans in america. they were hunting tourist that didnt have the ancient hunter in them ,just the lust for trophys from here and there.

Other places he liked to be on was the Pampas of south america.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I know who everyone listed is/was except for Gilbert Colville. I'm probably showing my ignorance, but what did he do?

BQ

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
He was a britsh officer turned farmer in Keny who became a Masai worrior and which hunted 28 lions with spear.When he became to old to use a spear he used a H&H.500-465 double oand he owned 5 farms which was a mere 100000 hektars and 20000 cattle. According to the book he was one of the most eccentric hunters in Africa. He had also taken part in the liberation og Khartoum when he was officer .

when he was 55 years old, he married Lady Diana Brouhgton, Narobis Femme Fatale, he died in 1966, at the age of 78 in Nairobi. Quite a colorful character , or as we say "kruttgubbe" gunpowderman.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Anyone who hunted an African liion with a spear definitely must have been "a colorful character" and "one of the most eccentric hunters in Africa."

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote