Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Stephen Hunter
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Poletax and Mr308Win-

Who is the lead character of his new book, Havana? Is it Bob Lee Swagger or Bob Lee's father?

Of that series of his books, I personally like his works dealing with Bob Lee Swagger as his lead character. The "prequels" using Bob Lee's father as the lead character don't hold my interest as much.

I like his work though and he is a grade-A gentlemen, too.

I had a chance to talk to him on the phone a couple of times and a pleasure to visit with.

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I read havana a couple weeks ago. It was not as good as his others.

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Master Sniper or Hunter" or whatever that darned book is, is pretty darned good. I just finished "The Day Before Midnight" and am incredibly impressed by it, as I have before.

The intro to "Point of Impact" very successfully and succinctly drawn up description of why we have such a struggle about gun ownership in America today.

By the way, Stephen Hunter was an anti-gun liberal until he started researching in order to write books and movie reviews.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote