New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ph Eric Rundgren
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am doing some research about the reputated ph Eric Rundgren. The info I have comes from Dennis Holmans book, "Inside Safari Hunting with Eric Rundgren", Brian Hernes "White Hunters" and some oral info from relatives.

Can anybody of you hunters/africana readers help me find additional info? Magazine articles, tales, former clients or other books where he is mentioned?

Posts: 29 | Location: North of Sweden | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
I also enjoyed "Inside Safari Hunting." I found a very short reference to Eric Rundgren in Anthony S. Marsh's "Fourteen Years in the African Bush" on page 101. Mr Marsh's gunbearer breaks open his .577 and when Mr Maresh asks him where he learned the skill, Wario Dara replies "I was Bwana Musangi's gunbearer." Of course, Bwana Musangi was also known as Eric Rundgren.

Good luck with your research.

Posts: 1245 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks alot for that!

/Thomas

Posts: 29 | Location: North of Sweden | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The book: A Vagabond Hunter, by Sten Cedergren mentions Eric Rundgren several times (with a short reminice of some outrageous stuff he did to a client).

Cedergren was a Kenya PH and was evidently friends with Rundgren.

The book is still avaliable from safari press.

Posts: 81 | Location: Hayward, CA | Registered: 11 January 2003Reply With Quote