THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    I have written a Novel and do any of you have connections with Publishing Agents?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have written a Novel and do any of you have connections with Publishing Agents?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is the query letter I am sending out.

To:

Re: AFRICA NEVER FORGIVES (Debut, Commercial African Adventure Story - 88,866 words)

Dear

This novel has the potential to create a “Cecil the Lion” type emotional response. It is also my sincere hope it will help eliminate the demand for Blood Ivory.

Set shortly after WWII the winds of change are not just sweeping the people of Africa, but also its wildlife. The native population is exploding, Colonialism is dying and the wilderness is shrinking. Hunted for their ivory and their flesh elephants are being stalked by both man and beast.

Disa is a first time elephant mother and due to a jealous rivalry with her older sister she makes a critical mistake, venturing alone into the bush to give birth to her first born calf, Benyu. Her baby is attacked by a lion as he falls from her womb, but Disa’s screams bring her family to the rescue. The herd tries to get the badly injured Benyu to rise, but must leave when men approach. Refusing to leave her calf Disa is abandoned, save for her elderly mother, Mai. Together they must nurse Benyu back to health and then embark on a dangerous journey to rejoin their family. There will be a bloody confrontation with a pair of sexually provocative Hemingway type hunters that oddly enough end up saving Disa and Benyu and a desperate ongoing battle with a young native boy determined to kill his first elephant.

I have travelled to Africa on twenty different trips over the last thirteen years. I have received a Certificate in Creative Writing from UCLA. This novel is designed to be the first of a series.

Thanks for your consideration,

Mike Core

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tongue in cheek or not, I am afraid the majority of readers will believe you are serious.
I thought UCLA gave Certificates of Attendance.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a backdoor way to get our message out. Logic and facts don't work.

quote:
Originally posted by Ole Miss Guy:
Tongue in cheek or not, I am afraid the majority of readers will believe you are serious.
I thought UCLA gave Certificates of Attendance.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote