THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    In a Hunter's Shadow - DVD review (don't buy this one)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In a Hunter's Shadow - DVD review (don't buy this one)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just had the mispleasure of watching "In a Hunter's Shadow", a dvd I bought on impulse from Safari Press during their winter sale. In summary, I just lost about an hour of my life I will not get back.

Poorly narrated, average editing, poor storylines and footage I have seen on TV or on other DVD's. It is a collection of short segments showing the hunter in the final stages of the stalk and making a shot. All of the shooting is predictable and boring. The hunters are mostly inexperienced and the PH's are not familiar names other than Johan Calitz on the wounded lion follow up in Botswana. The poor little old lady wounds the lion on a badly chosen shot and their is a near death experience in the follow up. This same sequence is in Boddington on Lion and has been on TV several times. This same lady shoots an elephant that requires several follow up shots as well.

Do not waste $10 on this DVD, it is not worth it and you will poorer in spirit for having watched it.

I rate this a 1 out of 10 on the dogcat scale.

Posts: 10200 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
I just had the mispleasure of watching "In a Hunter's Shadow", a dvd I bought on impulse from Safari Press during their winter sale. In summary, I just lost about an hour of my life I will not get back.

Poorly narrated, average editing, poor storylines and footage I have seen on TV or on other DVD's. It is a collection of short segments showing the hunter in the final stages of the stalk and making a shot. All of the shooting is predictable and boring. The hunters are mostly inexperienced and the PH's are not familiar names other than Johan Calitz on the wounded lion follow up in Botswana. The poor little old lady wounds the lion on a badly chosen shot and their is a near death experience in the follow up. This same sequence is in Boddington on Lion and has been on TV several times. This same lady shoots an elephant that requires several follow up shots as well.

Do not waste $10 on this DVD, it is not worth it and you will poorer in spirit for having watched it.

I rate this a 1 out of 10 on the dogcat scale.

I tend to agree with you on this one. (Agree with most of your opinions for that matter). With the exception of the Lion Charge, there isn't much to offer but even Safari Press warns that it's just a compilation as opposed to a well conceived production.

I couldn't help but think while the lady was going on and on about the lion in her giddiness, that the PH's were really wanting to strangle her for putting their lives in danger by shooting the lion in the paw to begin with. Maybe strangle is too strong a word. Possibly just a "Bitch Slap" would have served the purpose. Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd,
I agree on your take on that goofy woman. The PH and Calitz looked like they would choke her. She was not aware of what almost happened.

Posts: 10200 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote