Find
Notify
Tools

The Jade Series
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sue
posted
I've stumbled across a great book series by Kansas writer Suzanne Arruda. Jim and I read anything we can get our hands on about Africa, and these books are great. They are mysteries.

When I first encountered Suzanne's "Jade" series I noted a quote by Clive Cussler calling her work "gripping intrigue." I love his Dirk Pitt and NUMA stories, so I thought Suzanne's writing must be good as well, since he likes it. Plus,I read her bio and she reads Capstick!

I've already read her books Mark of the Lion and Stalking Ivory. I have three to go.

This mystery series takes place in 1920's Kenya and the main character is named Jade del Cameron. She's a Winchester-toting crack shot of a character. While she is not a hunter as a main purpose, she has hunted, and is okay with it. It's poaching and stupidity she has a problem with.

I enjoy being transported back to Africa, and Suzanne is very good at evoking the sights and sounds of Africa.

Her web site: www.suzannearruda.com

Posts: 276 | Location: VA/WV borderlands | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote