Find
Notify
Tools

Beverley Harper
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
Not exactly sure how I stumbled across Beverley Harper's books. She only wrote eight books before she died of cancer a number of years ago.

If you enjoy action/suspense books that are written in an African context, you should check out her work. I just finished Jackal's Dance and it is the sort of book that when you start it be prepared to finish it in a day or two. Her books are available on Amazon for Kindle and cost about $8/each.

Beverley Harper Books

Mike

Posts: 21243 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike,I clicked on Amazon + ordered a couple;always looking for good 'new' writers (to me at least.) It was strickly by chance that over the years I found James Clavell,Frederick Forsythe,Bartle Bull,George Macdonald Fraser,Bernard Cornwell,etc. ad infinitum.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I just started a second one of her books this afternoon and so far it is just as good a read as the first. Seems to be well researched to. For example, she talks about a Zulu that is killed and they bring a buffalo thorn tree limb to hold his spirit to take back to his kraal. Well I had never heard that before. Googled it and it is absolutely true.

Buffalo Thorn Tree

Mike

Posts: 21243 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote