Find
Notify
Tools

Double barrel rifle book title?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen,

I am trying to rememeber the title and author of a book on double rifles.

The book was about shooting them and reloading for them.

I think the title was something like English Double Rifles: Shooting and Reloading or Shooting English Double Rifles and Reloading.

The book was out about three or four years ago, but I have not seen it advertised for a couple of years. I do not think it was a Mark Sullivan book.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Posts: 1289 | Location: England | Registered: 07 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
"Shooting the British Double Rifle" by Graeme Wright.

I just ordered a copy from my local bookseller. It's out of print but copies can be found. I've heard the 2nd edition is preferred over the 1st.

P.S.
I spent 5 years in England. Four as a kid near Ipswich and another in the early 90's near Oxford. Gotta love the pubs...especially those older than the good 'ol U.S. of A.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Sometimes Midway stocks it.

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen.

Badger Matt - most of current England was built from 1900 on. Knock down, build, knock down, build.....All over the 'body' of buildings which went before. A lot of urban sprawl 1920s and 1930s, then 1950s, 1960s and 1970s.

There are parts of London with more than 4m depth of made ground, that is rubbish, rubble and people's s**t! going back to the Romans.

But Oxfordshire is nice. East Anglia, where the USAF bases are, is flat, like the prairies. The beer is better than 'Bud' & Coors. And I thought Prohibition had been repealed!

Posts: 1289 | Location: England | Registered: 07 October 2004Reply With Quote