Find
Notify
Tools

Fenwick Travers
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
This a series of books that I ran upon by chance at a used book store.If you are familiar with George Macdonald Fraser's 'Flashman' series you are spot on. This character is American at the turn of the century + experiences the Spanish American war,knows Teddy,the boxer rebellion,the Philipene insurrection,the Panama canal,etc. Right in the midst of what was happening in that day + time.Great reading. The only books I was able to find were the 1st 3. Fenwick Travers + The years of Empire,Fenwick Travers + the forbidden kingdom,+ Fenwick Travers + the panama canal.Hopefully there are more as the "man who found the manuscripts" said his military career went on through WW2.I could'nt find any more on Amazon. I hope he wrote more;there was too much still to tell. If anyone has any info on any further of his books please post. The authors name is Raymond M. Saunders. A grad of West Point,he does an historical military novel well.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote