Find
Notify
Tools

Beryl Markham
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
If any one of you has not read "West into the Night" then I envy you for your first introduction. Beryl Markham lead a classic if somewhat tarnished life. A contempoary of Hemingway,Blixen,Von Hatten,ad nauseum;1st person (woman) to fly the Atlantic from Africa to America.The aviatrix of the 20th century. I recommend this book highly......also I know it would be a hit for a Christmas present for the lady. EVERY woman I have given this book to + has read this book has loved it.Amazon has it it I think.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Hear hear! I've read it several times. Her biography, Straight on Till morning, is good too Though not as well written of course.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
"Straight on until morning" is good as well.That being said,I also recommend "Too close to the Sun". ,the biography of Denis Fitch-Hatton. Cheers + good reading all,Randy.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All excellent reads!

Posts: 10104 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote