Find
Notify
Tools

My Friend the Mercenary
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted
Just finished reading this book by BBC film maker James Brabazon. It's a pretty good story about war, politics, and greed in Africa.
It is mainly focused on making a documentary about the revolutions in Liberia and Sierra Leone but a good deal of the story is about an attempted coup in Equatorial Guinea and the men (mostly South African ex-soldiers) who planned it.

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds interesting,where can one get a copy?

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Norman, in the same line, have a look at " Executive Outcomes, Against all Odds " by Eeben Barlow. ISBN978-1-919854-19-9.
They had fighting ability. Eeben Barlow was an ex 32 Battalion officer.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
It is available through amazon.com. I happened to find it at Barnes and Noble while I was looking for african hunting books.

One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
Norman, in the same line, have a look at " Executive Outcomes, Against all Odds " by Eeben Barlow. ISBN978-1-919854-19-9.
They had fighting ability. Eeben Barlow was an ex 32 Battalion officer.

I'm going to look for this one too. A lot of the players in "My Friend the Mercenary" were involved with Executive outcomes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Executive Outcomes is an excellent book. You might want to read Mercenary or Congo Mercenary by mike hoare.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote