New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Elmer Keith fans here?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Surely I can't be the only one who thinks Elmer was one of the truly great firearms/outdoorsman legends of all time?

I've read his books a million times and never tire of them. Each time I learn something new and my copies of his books are well-worn and have many notations scribbled into them like text-books.

I hear Safari Press is considering a reprint of Elmer's book "Safari" sometime this year. If anyone else here would like to see that done then shoot them an email and ask that they DEFINITELY do so, as this book has not been printed in decades and is very expensive and difficult to get.

God Bless old Elmer!

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yes! especially "sixgun cartridges and loads", "sixguns",
"hell, i was there", and "gun notes" 2 volumes.

i wish safari press would also reprint dean grennel's columns.

Posts: 107 | Location: alabama | Registered: 18 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Elmer is my favorite, by far.

Posts: 22 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed Elmer. He was a character for sure.

Some cartridge should me named after Elmer Keith. He led with the 44 Mag, 41 Mag and 338 WM. It's reasonable to say that those cartridges would not be here today without Elmers efforts. The same could be said of the 338-06.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys!
I too, am a fan of Elmer. Love his writing, the way he describes events is great. Have most of G&A from the mid 70s' on. Also have some from the early 60s'. Love to read and re-read his articles and Gunnotes. Someday hope to have all his books. Doesn't matter if original or not. LeRoy.

Posts: 100 | Location: Edmonton & Wabasca, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
My copy of Sixguns:

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Been a fan of Elmer for 35 yrs plus. Have most of his books, three are autographed, and Ive read them several times. Keith, the precursor to Hell I was there, is well worn, the dj long gone and was worn out. Elmer was real, nothing phony, who lived when the world had some similance of sanity. He lived, drank, and thought all the time about firearms. His bullet designs in cast bullets are still the best IMO, the original ones, not the ones that were modified to some degree. I for one miss Elmer's writing and there most likely will never be a replacement. I wish I had met but never had the opportunity.

Posts: 119 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 23 December 2003Reply With Quote