Peter Flacks books?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted
Anyone read Peter Flacks books:
"HEART OF AN AFRICAN HUNTER" or
"TALES OF A TROPHY HUNTER IN AFRICA"..?
They`re availabel through SafariPress (www.safaripress.com). Both are limited edition books at $70 each, so I really want to know what they`re like before ordering. Think they`re both pretty new..(?)

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yes i got both for christmas this year. i read both of them and found them very interesting. they basicaly are hunting stories that he has gone on all over africa and his experiences both good and bad. they give a lot of information on politics, biggest animals and how the history effects it today along with the actual hunt and the stalks. also the books are great to pick up tidbits of info. for you when you may want to hunt that animal and how tough certain animals are. i would recomend the books and thought they were worth the money, although they were given to me.

Posts: 111 | Location: eagle river ak | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
I purchased both of Peter's books after hunting his property on my trip to RSA last year and seeing his trophy room. Since I had seen the animals close up, reading the stories of how they ended in his trophy room was especially interesting. I let my dad read them as well and he enjoyed, even without seeing hte animals like I had, so given that I would recommend.

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
<PostDriver>
posted
Anders,

You might want to watch their website. Once a year they throw a sale; one of the Peter Flack books was on for 40% off (I think) last year. You might just give them a call and ask if/when they're going to do the sale again.

Do us a favor and post it here if they're having a sale soon.

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
I did order both of them.. And got 15% discount because of St. Patricks day. Better than nothing, but thanks for the tip (didn`t read until today).. [Smile]
I have just started reading one of them, but they look really good!

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote