Find
Notify
Tools

Terry Wieland WTF?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
The most recent Rifle magazine had a article on the rifles built by ER Shaw.

Well it wasn't really about the rifles built by ER Shaw, it was about his Sako, and then it was about accuracy, and then somewhere about paragraph 20 he finally talked about the rifle to not really talk about the rifle and end the conversation.

What really blows my mind is this rifle is on the cover.

Is this idiot the most self centered weirdo on the planet or what?

Whoever is running Rifle Magazine, don't let old weird Terry write rifle reviews anymore. He is either too senile, to mechanically inept or too self serving to ever write a rifle review.

I don't think I have ever read one of his articles before, he's just horrible.

Rifle Magazine seems to be on a big downhill slump.

At least Barness is still spinning gold.

Posts: 7769 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Many feel this way. He's a self-centered arrogant little tub of a man who looks down on other writers and those who don't know as much as he does. I've counted numerous errors in his writings about the .600 and other nitro express cartridges. I tossed his dribble from my shelves and don't read his stuff any longer. The writing world would be better without him.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
His name on the masthead is enough to have caused me to drop my life long subscriptions to Handloader and Rifle. He would do the same for African Hunting Gazette had they not convinced me to take a five year subscription two years ago at SCI. I contacted them and they said they could drop me, but NO (partial) REFUNDS...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a "warning" from the cast bullit forum for calling him an "ASS". It makes me curious what would have happened if I had not been so circumspect...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote