New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Good read
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I had whole set of Robert Ruark books at one time.I have sold more of his books than any other author.His Women book and I didnt Know It Was Loaded are funny books that he wrote.There is also Grenedines Etching and Grenedines Spawn.I should have read them before I sold them.There is also Poor No more and The Honey Badger.I bought out two old books stores that had about a 100 of his books.The stores have now closed.I love The Old Man Books they are classics.I had Africa cover Dj of his book The Old Man Grows Older it was the only one I ever saw.Out of the 4,000 hunting books I have there are four Authors I like best.Elmer Keith,Robert Ruark ,Russell Annabel and Peter Capstick.Craig Boddington is my favorite living author.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I feel that just about all the books mentioned are good reads especially Ruark and Corbett. I came across a gem of a book years ago and it's my favourite. It had two titles "A Hunters Story" and "Mambas and Maneaters" the American edition by CJP Ionides aka as Iodine a famous Elephant hunter and poacher. The book is out of print but still available from Barnes and Noble. This fellow was a real character, and revealed a very humorous man and a man who made hunting his life.

Posts: 85 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 October 2002Reply With Quote