Find
Notify
Tools

Re: my favorites
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted
I actually found it a year or two back, but I couldn`t afford it. It was about 3000DKr, if I remember right..
I guess it`s not that expensive. I just made a priority and saved the money for a RSA hunt..
I`ll look for it again. If I find it and still can`t afford it, I`ll let you know!
Best regards, Anders

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
does anyone knows where i can buy books about selous scouts ,rhodesian sas,rhodesian professional hunters.juan

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Anders

3000 kr is a bit expensive but if you want it then

Check out this site for rare books
http://www.bogjagt.dk/afrika.htm

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan

try this link it will take you to the books youy need

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0620066741/ref=ase_wwwlink-software-21/026-7489662-8602839

Quote:

Synopsis

This is the story of the Selous Scouts Regiment of Rhodesia, which was formed in 1973 and abolished without benefit of formal disbandment, when Robert Mugabe's ZANU-PF took power after the British supervised elections in 1980. Its purpose on formation was the clandestine elimination of ZANLA and ZIPRA guerrillas, both within and outside Rhodesia. Their success in this field can be gauged by the fact that Combined Operations Rhodesia, officially credited them with either directly or indirectly being responsible for the deaths of 68% of all guerrillas killed within Rhodesia during the war - losing less than 40 Selous Scouts in the process.

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Juan

I also collect safari books. I have many with Danish safari hunters like Rudolf Sand, Gregers Ahlefeldt L. Bille, Erik Lindstr�m and Finn Kristoffersen.
I like Kevin "Doctari" Robertson, Robert Ruark, J A Hunter, Bror Blixen and Ernest Hemingway.

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
i have a big collection of hunting mags books and articles ,of all over the world brior blixen is wonderful so hemingway ,and the best sellers of wilbur smith specially time to death,I LIKE SULLIVAN VIDEOS IF YOU CAN BRINg SOME IT WILL BE APRECIATED,read about the selous scouts unit and then tell me about them its an unit created for and by hunters

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kensco

It is a rough place no argument there
I just used cash and looked like a bum
The food is however not worth going for but the water is nice and playing in the waves is grand sport and dangerouse I might ad
The weather is great and the drinks are cold.

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm going to crack the Glengoyne on the 29th with the young man who brought it in for me and a BG friend. If they start sucking on it a little too fast I'm going to take it away from them, fire the one and forget I ever knew the other.

Posts: 13782 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I forgot to ask about "Scotland's Gold". Whas-sat?

I went diving off Magarita. It was so-so. I never saw so many dead sea cucumbers. I'm not sure what wiped them out.

There is some fine diving along the ABC Islands off Venezuela with Bonaire being the best. For Venezuela I liked Tucacas, but Los Roques is the cream, better than Bonaire. Tobago was very good, but dangerous.

Best vacation in the Caribbean is Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. There are a lot of all-inclusive resorts. We stayed at Bavaro (Beach). Unbelievable value for your money. The only place I've been where I never left the resort in a week and never ran out of things to do.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kensco

Scotland's Gold is Scotch whisky

DO YOU DRINK IT ?

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I`ve been looking for Rudolf Sands book "Those where the days".. Is it still possible to purchase this at an reasonable price..? Or is it just a collectors item?
Best regards, Anders

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anders

Quote:

Or is it just a collectors item?

Very rare book

If you can find one get it. Any price will do.

I have a copy of "Afrika Stadig vildt" But not "Those where the days" I am still looking.

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to drick Chivas Regal, then got used to Johnnie Walker Gold Label in Venezuela. I never did acquire a taste for Glenfiddich. There has got to be a good Scotch whiskey you can put me on to. Single malt doesn't seem to suit me, but I'm game. Give me a recommendation and I'll try it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kensco

Single malt is one of my passions.
When starting to drink malt one should start easy with Highland whisky they are very smooth and sweat - Honey and fruit taste.
Try to se if you can get Glengoyne 17 years it is a easy malt and very enjoyable

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kensco

Drink it I am on my third Tastes great.
It is not that rare and you will be able to get it replaced.

Mine is a liter botle

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
Forget the Irish Bushmill, I'm sitting here staring at a 700 ml bottle of Glengoyne 17. My OIM brought it in today. He said when he and his girlfriend drove to the distillery, the people there said they were shutting down. My OIM thought he meant for good. I don't know if that is true or not.

The man also said he wasn't supposed to sell bottles from the distillery, but they worked out some type of arrangement, and my OIM walked out with the bottle.

I haven't decided whether to break into it, or just sit and stare at it a little longer. The bottle says 43%, but it looks more dangerous than that.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If I can't get it here I've got a couple of sources in Scotland. They roll in here every 28 days. I can get one of the guys to bring it in.

Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kensco

If you can get the Irish Bushmill 12 or 16 years you will also get a very smooth drink.

Cheers,

Andr�

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kensco

I do a bit of recreational diving myself This picture is from a holyday in the Baltic sea where some "friends" just insisted on me fixing a cable for them.
I do no longer go on holydays with those gentlemen

Cheers,

Andr�