Find
Notify
Tools

Chambermates?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone ever tried any of these.

I have heard some bad reports when you try to go to a 410 in a 12 gauge barrel but it seems the closer the bores the better they work.

I am looking at using the 28 to .410 conversion. These things are a cut above the skeeters which are only a liner.

Just looking for some first hand experience.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Surely someone here has used these? I'm considering the 16-to-28 gauge ones in my Elsie.

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andy, after some discussion on another board and the problems I heard, I have gone to Briley and am having tubes fitted. Cost about 300 more but it is like another gun. Evidently the chambermate seals wear out often and he whole process can be messy and troublesome. Very few people who bought them, kept using them if they shot the set up often. I want it for skeet although I am getting it witha 3" chamber so I can have a bit more shot for quail hunting. I have a 28 gauge so it is 6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Chic,

That's too bad! Seemed like a good idea and way better than those Little Skeeter things. Guess I'll just have to trade my 500 BPE for a nice 28 gauge...I can't believe I even typed such idiocy! Frowner

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote