Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Silver
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted
I was at a local gunshop the other day and handled one of the new Browning Silvers.

This is their new semi-auto with the Browning/Winchester active valve in it. It's a semi-humpback design made in Portugal.

The 3" Mag Hunter version they had was priced at $730. Looked like one heck of a nice shotgun. Was also very nicely balanced.

Anyone have one or shot one?

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TheBigGuy,

I shot a few rounds out of one, seemed like a really nice gun. I didn't think it was going to fit me well, but after I found out it was hard to miss with it, I think I'll have one for next duck season! My dad has a Browning Gold, I think they're more or less the same gun with some aesthetic differences, and the Gold has performed flawlessly. Seems there isn't a lot of information on the Silvers around, though, I asked a similar question right after I tried it, on this forum and Trapshooters.com, didn't get a huge response.

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply JustinLO1

I've got a Browning Gold I'm very happy with and you are correct the guns appear very similar.

I don't think the Silver has the Manual Magazine cut off switch or the speed loading feature. Those are both really cool features for an avid waterfowler. Once you get the hang of those options they are really really nice.

The Silver has a semi-humpback receiver that looks like a trimmed down auto 5. Folks who like that look are gonna love that gun. IMHO, if the price point hovers around $700 that gun is gonna be a big seller.

I'm not seeing hardly anything on the forums I frequent about them except inquiries. Honestly, you're the first I've heard from that has actually shot the gun.

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, there really isn't that much out there on this gun. I'm not a huge humpback fan, but this one really shot well (or it fit me better than I anticipated). The magazine cut off doesn't really float my boat, either, as I usually walk into the field with one load in my pockets, anyway (I'm not smart enough to have more than that). So, I guess the Silver would be the waterfowl gun for me (and about anything else). I'm going to look at the 3.5" camo version, would probably fit my needs the best as a duck, goose, turkey, and dove gun. So many guns, so little...money, I guess, haha.

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote