THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Help me identifying this shotgun....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me identifying this shotgun....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
It's a 12gauge, sidelock, extractors, etc.
It says Army & Navy CSL London and has a number in the stock: 43206.

It is possible to know the year or the gunsmith or something??

A friend of mine bought it yesterday in 360 dollars Eeker

I know there are double rifles with the same name but I don't know nothing about shotguns.

Any info about this company is welcome.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,
Army Navy was a retailer that did not make their own guns, much like Charles Daly. They bought guns from a number of gunsmiths and sold them. They are generally very good guns and $300 would normally be a great buy depending on the condition of course.

I have never seen any information on their guns relative to year of manufacture or who actually built them.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo, The University of Glasgow(Scotland) has all the archival records from Army&Navy. I believe the fee is about $45 us. to get them to research and send you the history on the gun. Sounds like your friend got a Steal !!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks to both of you gentlemen !!!
I will do a little search for her history !! thumb
Again, thank you very much
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote