THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Federal Flitecontrol turkey loads?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Federal Flitecontrol turkey loads?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted
I shot them today from my Mossberg 835 and they were HORRIBLE. I tried an extra full choke, it seemed that it totally blew the pattern. At 25 yards it would be deadly, but it was already a huge pattern. At 50 yards I had 12 holes on a poster sized sheet of paper. Thinking maybe the choke was too much I tried a modified. At 50 yards 29 holes on the paper, about 5 in a 8 inch circle. What's wrong with these? Is there a certain choke to use?

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of beretta96
posted Hide Post
I am no expert by any means, but from what I've tried and read, I would try even a larger choke. I've read an add on those rounds, they talk about 1 7/8 oz of #6 shot? That seems like a lot of shot for an extra full choke!

Try them again with the largest choke you have. Is your shotgun backbored? I've read also that makes a big difference.

I've never hunted turkey but my buddy has and he believes these new rounds are all BS. He uses his 3.5" #4 Tungsten Matrix goose loads from Kent for turkey and they're more than enough he says.

Posts: 263 | Location: ontario, canada | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote