New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone had a fitting / stock made by Wenig ?
What is your opinion ? Would you do it again ? Did it help your scores and reduce felt recoil ? Was the fitting " professional and thorough ?
Thank you,
Jim

Posts: 144 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had two made and would recomened them to anyone. If you have not been fitted go to there shop and they will fit you and then make a model stock for you to shoot at a patterning board. You will also shoot at clay pigeons. They use bondo and will adjust it just where you want it. They use the model for the dimensions and duplicate it to your choice of wood.

Posts: 172 | Location: Lockport Illinois | Registered: 16 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was fitted at Fieldsport in Traverse City, Michigan by Bryan Bilinski he used a "try gun". He had both O/U an S/S try guns and I shoot a S/S and that is the try gun I was fitted with. Try guns run up to $15,000.00

It is a totally adjustable stock with joints and fittings all over it. You shoot at a pattern board and after every shot he would make adjustments to the stock. When he is satisfied with where your pattern is hitting he will then measure the "try gun" stock and put those measurements on paper for future reference.

Total time for the fitting and shooting was about 3-4 hours. I left one gun with him to be bent to my measurements. Best money I have spent to get the gun to shoot where I am pointing.

Posts: 43 | Location: Chardon, Ohio | Registered: 18 October 2009Reply With Quote