New
Find
Notify
Tools

two's not enuf
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
so i needed something to goose geese and took a gander at another barrel. the chiappa triplecrown 3 barrel. just came in today, pretty well made gun. wood to metal, wood finish, and metal finish are all very good. the checkering is a bit flat , but the rest is very good. screw in chokes. weight is surprisingly light at less than 9#, muzzle heavy and comes up well an.d swings equally well. at $1400-1500i would rate it as a good buy if you like the unusual but still functional, and if you don't4 like it you can always trade it to biebs. i think i'm going to shoot a few specks with this one, but i'll have to record my friendly outfitter who will no doubt have me with several new ancestors, and then want to shoot it

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi. How do you find the stock length? I've seen them advertised in the UK and the stock length seems very short for us tall guys!

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'm 6'2and the fit s fine

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I learned some time ago that when I was shooting high-flyer's with a hard kicking gun I could save a bloody nose if I shot a stock that was at least 1" and preferably a bit more in order to avoid having my grip hand smack me in the face.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DB Bill:
I learned some time ago that when I was shooting high-flyer's with a hard kicking gun I could save a bloody nose if I shot a stock that was at least 1" and preferably a bit more in order to avoid having my grip hand smack me in the face.

Reminds me of teh time we were in Zimbabwe years ago.

We chased a blue wildebeest for a long time, then saw him in the bush.

We had an ant hill between us and him, which was great, as it brought us close to about 200 yards of him.

Trouble was, the only way I could get a clear shot was from the other side of the ant hill.

I crawled up, and crawled down on the other side. The any hill was quite steep.

I was lying on the side of the ant hill, face down, with my legs straight up above me, and the wildebeest looking straight at me!!

It was either take the shot, or have another chase.

I was using a 375 H&H Magnum.

The rifle stock was resting on my collar bone when I fired.

The wildebeest took off, and I was in bloody agony!

We found him dead a few yards further on.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67049 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote