THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    WTB a Browning Citori Superlite Feather in 16 gauge.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB a Browning Citori Superlite Feather in 16 gauge.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I believe Browning made some of these in the 80's. If anyone has one they want to sell please advise. It had a straight grip stock. looking for 26 inch with invector chokes. Thanks, George.

"shoot quick but take your time"

Posts: 451 | Location: drummond island MI USA | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by studdog:
I believe Browning made some of these in the 80's. If anyone has one they want to sell please advise. It had a straight grip stock. looking for 26 inch with invector chokes. Thanks, George.

This one close enough?

http://www.reedssports.com/Pro...ail&_ID=7964&pc=1712

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don, Thanks for the thought but that's not the one I'm looking for. I had one like that years ago and gave it to my son in law because it was too heavy. Almost 7 lbs.

Posts: 451 | Location: drummond island MI USA | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try here George. They seem to have a lot of Browning 16 gauge guns.

http://www.browningguncenter.com/Specials.shtml

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don thanks, I sent them a message. George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
George,

I've been looking for a lightweight shotgun myself. And I do like the 16 gauge too.

What do you think of 26" barrels vs 28" barrels?
Many on the net say that the 26" barrels are kinda "whippy" and don't work as well on upland birds?

What's your opinion?

Regards,
Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don, The place you reccomended did not have the one I'm looking for. I am about to buy a Fabarms Nobile III. It is a side by side 20 gauge weighing 5.5 lbs. Found it on Bill Hanus bird guns web site. I like short barrels. I have a browning superlight feather in 20 gauge. It has 24 inch barrels. I think I'll get the Nobile III in 26.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by studdog:
Don, The place you reccomended did not have the one I'm looking for. I am about to buy a Fabarms Nobile III. It is a side by side 20 gauge weighing 5.5 lbs. Found it on Bill Hanus bird guns web site. I like short barrels. I have a browning superlight feather in 20 gauge. It has 24 inch barrels. I think I'll get the Nobile III in 26.

Glad you found something suitable! clap But in 20 gauge, and for that kind of coin, I'd
probably go with a Guerini Magnus light? Or
perhaps a Franchi Veloce SP World Class O/U.

http://www.franchiusa.com/world_class/veloce_sp.php (5.5 lbs.!)

Anyway, ENJOY!! thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don,I haven't seen the Franci but I think the Fabarms Nobile III is nicer looking than the Caesar Guerini. I think they are both good quality shotguns. The Nobile III has some interesting technology in the barrel/choke design that's supposed to improve pattern performance. It also is 100% steel shot compatible. I wish I knew someone who owned one. George