Find
Notify
Tools

Restocking a Baker...?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
I have a pretty nice old Baker single barrel trap barreled action and forearm which I picked up 20 years ago, planning to restock it.

I also have a VERY fancy bit of presentation grade walnut for a new buttstock and forearm.

But my stroke has so crippled my eyesight and eye/hand coordination that I could not even think of doing the stocking myself anymore.

So here's my question...

Has anyone out there the name of anyone who might be willing and would be able able to make a simple " user stock for a Baker for me at a very reasonable price?

I do NOT WANT a fancy arist's rendition at several thousand dollars worth of time and skill. I want a functioning gun I can take out in the fields and do some pass shooting at high live birds with. I like the looks of good wood, so am willing to apply the good wood I already have to the project. But I am not looking for something that even approaches perfection. I just want to be able to shoot this old sucker.

Pretend it is your money and your old gun, and suggest to me some folks who could make it a shooter for you, please. Maybe then I could use them too.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote